Consult the resources below for answers to common plant and weed issues.
- General Plant Biology: This site includes information on angiosperms, gymnosperms, respiration, photosynthesis, seed to plant, flower to senescence, plant growth and many more topics.
- USDA Plant Classification: Use this site to determine the classification of a plant (from the plant kingdom all the way down to the cultivar.
- Digital Flowers: This site takes an indepth look at flowers in many plant families. It describes the flower and resulting fruit in detail.
Plant Problems (Diseases, Insects, and Abiotic)
- Entomology for Master Gardeners (University of Kentucky)
- IPM of Midwest Landscapes
- Focus on Plant Problems (Insects and Diseases)
- The Bug Review
Plant Selection and Management
- Landscape Design
- Growing Vegetables at Home
- Fruit Production for the Home Gardener
- Tree Fruit Production
Weed Identification and Control
- Landscape Weed Management
- Virginia Tech Weed Guide
- Weed Identification (interactive)
- Common Weed Seedlings
This page is adapted from University of Nebraska Lincoln.