4-H fosters an innovative, "learn by doing" approach with proven results.
South Dakota 4-H enables youth to be engaged in the following:
- Partnerships with caring adults
- Positive learning environments
- Developing their fullest potential
- Learning life skills
Throughout the SDSU Extension 4-H Youth Development program, we value:
- Youth, families, and communities;
- Partnerships and coalitions that work for the betterment of youth in our state, and combined strength of local programming in cooperation with the land-grant university, South Dakota State University;
- Every child’s individuality and uniqueness;
- Diversity and an inclusive environment that assures all youth access to programming;
- Caring adults who volunteer to work with, mentor, and teach youth;
- The Six Pillars of Character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
Joining 4-H is easy! You can either visit your local 4-H county office or enroll as a new member online.
As of January 1, potential members must be 5-7 years old in order to become a Cloverbud or 8-18 years old to become a 4-H member.
Enroll in 4-H Today!
Start developing skills that youth can use now and throughout their lifetime.ENROLL NOW
Find Local 4-H Information
Learn more about what's going on in your local 4-H program.
Bon Homme County
Charles Mix County
Fall River County
Join the 4-H e-mail list
Don't miss out on 4-H developments, instead have them delivered to you.SUBSCRIBE
Join us on the State Fairgrounds in Huron, SD to cheer on 4-H horse and pony project members July 22 - 24, 2019.
View county achievement days and state fair deadlines.
4-H members will showcase their knowledge and skills August 24, 2019 at the State Fairgrounds in Huron, SD.
Come to Fort Pierre in August to cheer on the 4-H members competing in South Dakota's State Sport: rodeo.