They’re not just a creation of science fiction, they exist all around us. Robots combine aspects of design, mechanics, and electronics together to manufacture materials, travel where humans can’t, collect data, and aid people with disabilities. Join or start a 4-H robotics club, participate in the 4-H robotics challenge, or exhibit a robotics project.
Ages and Stages of Youth Development
Get started learning about robots by participating in a robotics workshop. Learn to build a robot and to program basic functions.
Expand upon your engineering knowledge and create your own robot designs. Learn about using sensors and a variety of flow commands within your robotics program. Explore opportunities to participate in advanced robotics competitions.
Expand on your programing knowledge by learning to create new programing blocks or by learning a programing language like Robot C. Utilize your robot to complete complex tasks. Further explore career opportunities related to robotics.
4-H Programming Priorities
Youth can show leadership within the robotics program by helping to facilitate a workshop on robotics as well as by mentoring younger youth in the project area.
Health & Wellness
Youth can explore a variety of career opportunities, many involving the use of technology and robotics in the healthcare fields and in promoting health and wellness.
Robotics is filled with science, technology, engineering and math concepts. Youth will learn about physics, mechanics, electricity, and computer science.
The use of technology within agriculture is increasing every year. Learn about the use of robotics in agriculture.
- Create and share a video about programing a robot
- Give a presentation on robot types
- Demonstrate a robot build
- Utilize a robot to improve your community by picking up trash
- Teach younger 4-H members how to program a robot
- Build a robot from a kit and describe how the design allows the robot to perform specific functions
- Design and build a robot to complete a specific task
- Program a robot and exhibit the robot and program
- Make a poster on various types of robots