Originally written by Megan Erickson, former SDSU Extension Nutrition Field Specialist.
Why Freeze Meals?
Freezer meals provide families with the option to have a home cooked meal with minimal effort on busy days. Here are some of the added benefits:
- Save Money - reduce food waste, eat at home instead of a restaurant
- Save Time – dinner is ready when you get home, consolidate shopping trips and food preparation steps
- Eat Healthier – people typically eat healthier when eating at home rather than eating out
- Increase Family Meal Time – enjoy family meals together
To learn more about safe freezing practices, watch our video on How to Freeze Produce!
- Make Time for Family Meals. SDSU Extension.
- Preparing Freezer Meals. SDSU Extension.
- Make-Ahead Meals. University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service.
- Make-Ahead Freezer Meals to the Rescue. PennState Extension.
- Freezer Meal Planning. Utah State Univeristy Cooperative Extension.