Better Choices, Better Health® SD offers chronic disease self-management education workshops that are designed to help adults living with ongoing physical and/or mental health conditions and caregivers understand how healthier choices can improve quality of life, boost self-confidence, and inspire positive lifestyle changes.
- Cancer: Thriving & Surviving Workshops (CTS) are designed to help adults living with cancer and caregivers manage physical and mental health.
- Chronic disease workshops are designed to bring adults living with different physical and/or mental health conditions and caregivers together to learn new ways to problem solve, create action plans and manage multiple chronic conditions.
- Chronic pain workshops are for adults living with chronic pain. Participants will learn about the differences between acute and chronic pain, how to pace activity, prioritize rest, and balance life.
- Diabetes workshops are designed for adults living with pre-diabetes, type-2 diabetes, and caregivers. Special emphasis will be placed on monitoring, identifying symptoms of hypoglycemia, preventing complications, foot care and menu planning.
- Worksite chronic disease workshops are supported by employers for their employees to discuss the challenges of balancing work and a chronic condition. Participants will learn new techniques to manage their health conditions, and how to balance work and home life with an emphasis on stress management.
SDSU Extension provides Better Choices, Better Health programming to South Dakotans through a partnership of with S.D. Department of Health and S.D. Department of Social Services. Learn more from the South Dakota Department of Health.
This 8 or 12 week program targets older adults with osteoarthritis and has demonstrated significant functional and physical activity improvements in this population.
Walk With Ease offers educational workshops that are designed to help adults living with ongoing arthritis, joint pain, or who are sedentary and want to become more active.
If you are interested in our workshops and would like to be notified when one is scheduled in your area, complete the form below.