In this episode of Cattle HQ, join Kiernan Brandt and Olivia Amundson, SDSU Extension Cow/Calf Field Specialists as they sit down to talk with Dr. Jessica Drum, SDSU Assistant Professor in Beef Reproductive Physiology about comparing embryo transfer with artificial insemination.
On today’s episode:
- Dr. Drum’s research at SDSU
- Benefits of embryo transfer in a commercial cow/calf operation
- Can the same genetic progress be made as quickly through artificial insemination?
- Revenue options when incorporating embryo transfer
- Benefits and limitations with embryo transfer
- Example of a small operation utilizing embryo transfer
- How in vitro and in vivo embryo’s affect conception and gene expression