- Match 2 Unofficial Results - Posted Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 1:30 p.m. CDT
- Match 1 Official Results
2023 Important Dates
- State Match Registration – March 16 - April 16 | Spring Shoot Teams due – April 27, 5:00 p.m.
- End of Match 3 – April 15 | Scores due – April 16, 9:30 a.m.
- State Match – April 28-30 – Ft. Pierre/Pierre
- 4-H Summer Outdoor Archery Match – June 3 - 4, Yankton
- 4-H SS National Championships – June 25 - June 30 – Grand Island, Nebraska
- End of Match 4 – July 15 | Scores due to – July 16, 9:30 a.m.
- State Match Registration – August 1 - September 1 | Fall Shoot Teams due September 8, 3:30 p.m.
- End of Match 5 – Aug 31 | Scores due, September 1, 9:30 a.m.
- Fall State Shoot – September 8 - 10 – Mitchell
- Annual Meeting – September 16, 2023
Rules and Resources
View rule books, qualifying scores, ribbon requirements and additional resources for all South Dakota 4-H Shooting Sports contests.
Records and Past Results
View state match records and an archive of past results for the South Dakota 4-H Shooting Sports program.
2021 Shooting Sports Hall of Fame Honorees
Art and Audrey Kneen
Art and Audrey Kneen have devoted more than 25 years to the Sanborn County and South Dakota 4-H Shooting Sports program. Long after their children completed their 4-H careers, the couple’s devotion to the shooting sports projects continues, inspiring many 4-H members. Art has served as a coach for BB gun, air rifle and air pistol, while Audrey is responsible for paperwork and scoring. Art is always seeking out knowledge and tips to help kids improve their shooting skills, and he often offers little challenges or contests to push them one step further. Since 2012, he has also served as a national shoot coach. Audrey works to keep everyone organized by ensuring coaches and members have everything they need. She has manually scored hundreds of targets and manages required paperwork, recordkeeping, supplies and research on the best equipment.
For more than 15 years, Tom Smith has served as the head shooting sports instructor for Lawrence County. In his time, he has helped 4-H members with BB gun, air pistol, air rifle, Precision 22 and CMP rifle in addition to being the volunteer range officer at local 4-H competitions and junior high rodeo shoots. Smith has served as a National 4-H shooting sports coach and has given time and money to the promotion of 4-H shooting sports in Lawrence, as well as surrounding counties. He has had a profound impact on numerous 4-H members, and he takes teaching safety and the basic principles of shooting seriously.
Past Shooting Sports Hall of Fame Honorees
View pictures from the recognition ceremony
Doug Kittelson (Hamlin County), Dale Foiles (Brookings, Clark and Beadle Counties), Dean Balsiger (Brookings County), Bruce Eldridge (Tripp County), Mark Rowen (Turner, Lincoln, Stanley, Hughes and Sully Counties) and Mike Kraft (Marshall County)
- Kathryn Reeves (Pennington County), Don and Nina Fromm (Hughes County), Tim and Tammy Withers (Hughes County), Larry Kerr (Hyde County) and Harlan Hilleson (Marshall County)
- Don Guthmiller (Hamlin County), Marlin Davis (Faulk County) and Jerry Opbroek (Davison County)
- Kenneth Nelson (Brookings County), Bob Fillingsness, Jr (Lincoln County), Dennis Hardy (Lincoln County), Dan Jones (Stanley County), Michelle Scarborough Julian (Hughes County), Marlin Scarborough (Hughes County) and Bill Shattuck (Hughes County)
4-H State Outdoor Archery Tournament @ Yankton
SDSU Extension 4-H will host the 2023 4-H State Outdoor Archery Tournament at the NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Center on June 3 and 4.
South Dakota 4-H Recognizes Volunteers during the 2022 State Fair
October 19, 2022
South Dakota 4-H inducted nine individuals into to the 4-H Volunteer Hall of Fame and 4-H Shooting Sports Volunteer Hall of Fame on Sunday, Sept. 4, at the 2022 South Dakota State Fair in Huron, South Dakota.
South Dakota 4-H Members Participate in 2022 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships
August 26, 2022
South Dakota 4-H was represented by 35 youth from 19 counties as members of 9 teams at the 2022 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships held June 26 -July 1, 2022, in Grand Island, Nebraska.
South Dakota 4-H Announces 2022 Shooting Sports Scholarship Recipients
August 03, 2022
The South Dakota 4-H Shooting Sports Committee awarded six scholarships to youth in the South Dakota 4-H Shooting Sports program.