Under the 4-H mission of positive youth development, we balance personal responsibility with educational opportunity. We acknowledge that some personal responsibility errors (e.g., forgetting deadlines, incorrect typing) are mistakes, but we also need the individual/family responsible to acknowledge that these errors create additional, unnecessary work for 4-H staff and sometimes contribute to lower enrollment events being cancelled.
Examples of the State event deadlines/requirements most frequently missed (annual deadline estimate shown in parentheses):
- Summer Camp registration (early May)
- 4-H Membership enrollment deadline (late May)
- Animal Identification in 4HOnline (late May)
- ***Horse Livestock Literacy Event completed (late May)
- ***Youth Livestock Literacy Event completed (late June)
- State Horse Show registration (late June)
- State Dog Show or State Fair registration (early August)
- Livestock Judging and Skill-a-thon registration (early September)
***Note: if a youth did not participate in Youth Livestock Literacy event or the Horse Literacy Event by the specified date above, they can participate in the County or State event only if they have completed the requirement before the event begins.