BROOKINGS, S.D. - The Power of Women as AgVocates Conference has been rescheduled for March 4 and 5 in Pierre, South Dakota. SDSU Extension invites women in agriculture to this female-empowered event offering the opportunity to network, learn and grow with peers across the state.
“This conference is designed for women to learn about the power of advocating for themselves, their families, businesses and the industry,” said Robin Salverson, South Dakota State University (SDSU) Extension Cow/Calf Field Specialist.
"“This conference is designed for women to learn about the power of advocating for themselves, their families, businesses and the industry.”
Friday, March 4, 2022
Prairie Paradise Farms (26220 212th St., Fort Pierre, South Dakota 57532)
- 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. – Women on the Range: Mini Winter Workshop
Casey Tibbs Rodeo Center and Museum (210 Verendrye Drive, Fort Pierre, South Dakota 57532)
- 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. – Registration for the Power of Women as AgVocates Conference
- 7:00 p.m. – Welcome and conference kick-off with Gloria Hanson, Mayor of Fort Pierre, and Marianne Smith, Keynote Speaker
Saturday, March 5, 2022
Missouri Avenue Event Center (217 W. Missouri Ave., Pierre, South Dakota 57501)
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Conference
- Power of Communication with Marianne Smith Edge, Keynote Speaker and founder of AgNutrition Edge
- The Power of Understanding Ag Issues with Mary Duvall, South Dakota State Senator
- Powerful AgVocating: Tips and Tricks for Telling Our Story with Jaelyn Quintana, SDSU Extension Field Specialist – Sheep
- The Power of Understanding Climate Policy with Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension State Climatologist
- The Power of Celebrating Women in Agriculture with Audra Mulkern, journalist, keynote speaker and founder of the of The Female Farmer Project™
- The Power of Mindfulness with Lorna Saboe-Wounded Head, SDSU Extension Family Resource Management Field Specialist
The option to participate online is now available for those unable to attend in person. Those participating online will receive a link via e-mail prior to the conference.
Registration for the Women on the Range: Mini Winter Workshop is $25. The registration fee for the Power of Women as AgVocates Conference is $75. To register for the workshop and/or conference, and for hotel information, please visit the SDSU Extension Events page at extension.sdstate.edu/events. The registration deadline for both events is February 25.
For more information, contact Robin Salverson, SDSU Extension Cow/Calf Field Specialist, at 605-374-4177 or email@example.com.