Jane Strommen, NDSU Extension Gerontology Specialist, and Leacey Brown, SDSU Extension Gerontology Field Specialist, will be hosting two online book clubs beginning on September 1 at 11 a.m. CDT/ 10 a.m. MDT and 1 p.m. CDT/Noon MDT. Participants will receive a free copy of the book.
- Purposeful retirement: How to bring happiness and meaning to your retirement by Hyrum W. Smith.
Each session Jane and Leacey will facilitate a group discussion and ask probing questions to encourage attendees to think about retirement in new and exciting ways.
Book Club Objectives
- Explore attitudes and beliefs about retirement.
- Describe how purpose influences health and wellness outcomes.
- Integrate purpose into retirement planning.
- Identify goals and priorities for retirement.
The book clubs will meet every other week for six sessions beginning September 1, 2020. Space is limited so register soon. Registration for the both sessions closes on August 7 or when filled.