SDSU Extension will host commercial applicator training during the Sioux Falls Ag Expo at the Sioux Falls Convention Center (1201 Northwest Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104) on January 20, 2022.
For questions about your license, contact the South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources (DANR).
Bring a government-issued photo ID and pesticide license with you to check-in.
- 8 a.m. Check-in
- 8:15 a.m. Plant Disease Management: Fungicide use, safety and updates (1C, 5), Emmanuel Byamukama, Associate Professor and SDSU Extension Plant Pathologist and Connie Strunk, SDSU Extension Plant Pathology Field Specialist
- 9:10 a.m. Break
- 9:15 a.m. Insect Update, Insect Resistance Management, Insecticide Safety and Seed Treatments (1B, 5), Adam Varenhorst, Assistant Professor and SDSU Extension Field Crop Entomologist and Patrick Wagner, SDSU Extension Entomology Field Specialist
- 10:15 a.m. Break
- 10:20 a.m. Review of 2021 and Challenges for 2022 (1A), Paul Johnson, SDSU Extension Weed Science Coordinator
- 11:20 a.m. Ag Regulatory Update, DANR
- 11:50 a.m. Pesticide drift, weather and climate for 2022, Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension State Climatologist
- 12:45 p.m. Sign out
Register online using the form below by January 13, 2022. For questions about registration or the content of this program, contact Amanda Bachmann, SDSU Extension Pesticide Education and Urban Entomology Field Specialist.