Career Conversations features interviews with South Dakota professionals inspiring teachers and youth to explore occupations at their own pace. The career reel collection, starring South Dakota industry professionals and entrepreneurs, exposes job details, challenges, and educational requirements which will assist in course selection and facilitate college, career, and workforce readiness.
Career Conversations features videos from a variety of career clusters including:
- Agriculture, food and natural resources
- Architecture and construction
- Government and public safety
- Health sciences
- Hospitality and tourism
- Human services
- Science, technology, engineering and math
In addition to the videos, participants are provided with a biographical sketch of the professional which highlights their potential involvement in 4-H and other extracurricular activities as a youth, their hobbies, and interests outside of work. The content is availabe at any time once participants have enrolled.
In the Classroom
When used in the classroom, the program allows students to connect their career interests to their South Dakota roots. This course is a great option for distance learning or e-learning days. For teachers who would like to enroll their classroom, please contact Sonia Mack to set up a classroom enrollment for you. This classroom enrollment option will allow you to track your student’s progression.
- Go to traininghouse.sdstate.edu and log in. See the instructions below to create an account.
- Search through the available courses and select: Career Conversations
- Enter the self-enrollment key Exp60523 (this key is good from Aug 2023-May 2024)
- Select Enroll me.
Once enrolled in the course, you will have access to course content.
If you have questions, contact 605-688-4792.
Create a TrainingHouse Account
This course is offered through SDSU's TrainingHouse platform. If you have an SDSU email account, select SDSU User Login.
If you do not already have an account on TrainingHouse, you will need to create one.
- Go to traininghouse.sdstate.edu.
- Select Non-SDSU users login here.
- Select Create new account.
- Complete the required fields and select Create my new account.
- An email will be sent to your email address. Check your email to find instructions to complete your new account registration. If you do not see the email, check your Spam or Junk email folder.
Access the course on a mobile device by using the Moodle app.