The South Dakota Change Network is a year-long cohort study program that enables you to make your community or organization more accessible and welcoming through new skills and networks.
You’ll learn to be a stronger leader who can successfully bring together individuals with different skills, values, beliefs, and understandings to create and maintain positive change within South Dakota.
As a part of the Change Network, you will:
- Identify objectives related to your desire to engage across difference
- Develop a personal action plan, including concrete steps to achieve your stated goals
- Receive support and learn from industry experts located both locally and nationally
- Share your experiences with colleagues in the program, your organization and community
- Support a project to embed your learning and implement change in your organization or community, aided by a small Change Network grant
Applications for the 2023 cohort, which begins in August, are being accepted now through June 9, 2023. All expenses including meals, private hotel room, program materials, and mileage driven are covered thanks to the generous support of the Bush Foundation. If you need additional support for childcare, accessibility or transportation, options may be available.
For more information, contact Kari O'Neill, SDSU Extension Community Vitality Program Manager.