SDSU Extension will host private applicator training at 9 AM CDT and an agronomy meeting at 11 AM on January 21 at Jo Dean's Restaurant (2809 Broadway Ave., Yankton, SD 57078).
Each agronomy meeting is paired with a private pesticide applicator training and includes free lunch. If you are interested in re-certifying your private applicator license, you must be present from 9 AM to 12 PM but we highly encourage you to join us for the duration of the afternoon meeting! If you do not need re-certification, join the meeting at 11 AM to discuss and learn about current ag issues.
- 9:00 AM CDT - Pesticide License Update*
- 10:00 - Understanding Pesticide Labels*
- 11:00 - Planning Weed Control for 2020* (agronomy mtg. begins)
- 12:00 PM CDT
- 1:00 - The Bottom Line: Financial Planning for 2020
- 1:45 - Climate/Weather Update
- 2:15 - Break
- 2:30 - Dealing with Farm Stress
- 3:15 - Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before: Planting on PP acres
- 4:00 Adjourn
*Topics with asterisk are required for pesticide applicator certification.
No registration necessary. This event is free and open to the public. Contact Sara Bauder, SDSU Extension Agronomy Field Specialist by email or 605.995.7378 for more information or for further questions.