SDSU Extension and Child and Adult Nutrition Services-Department of Education will host a virtual farm to school buyer-grower summit on March 26, 2024, from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
The event will provide farmers, ranchers, school districts and Summer Feeding Program operators with information, an opportunity to begin buyer-grower relationships, and resources to continue learning and growing farm to school in South Dakota communities. Representatives from Child and Adult Nutrition Services-DOE and SDSU Extension will be available to answer questions.
This virtual event is being offered after in-person events held in Sioux Falls, Aberdeen, and Rapid City in February and March. Interested individuals are encouraged to sign up for an in-person event, if possible, to get the most out of networking. This virtual session is available for those who are located far from an in-person gathering or for another reason could not attend in person.
- 6:30-6:45 p.m. – Welcome and introduction activity
- 6:45-7:00 p.m. – Short presentation about farm to school in South Dakota
- 7:00-7:30 p.m. – Producer and school nutrition breakouts: brief farm to school “how-to” with Q&A
- 7:30-7:50 p.m. – Buyer-grower connection activity
- 7:50-8:00 p.m. – Reflection and wrap-up
Registration is free and will be accepted using the form below until noon on March 25. For more information, contact Anna Tvedt, SDSU Extension Nutrition Field Specialist.