SDSU Extension has partnered with Utah State University Extension to offer the Master Remote Work Professional certificate course, a 1-month specialized training which combines online work with interactive workshops.
For more information and requirements, visit the South Dakota Remote Works page.
This educational program is designed to equip workers with the tools and skills needed to work from home as a remote worker, freelancer, or entrepreneur.
Upon completing this program, you will join a growing online community of remote work professionals that support each other by sharing best practices and job opportunities.
The Remote Work certificate course consists of nine core modules delivered in a self-paced, online format, integrated with four virtual interactive workshops hosted via Zoom. Each course will be hosted with two time options to join. Application deadline for the January workshop is February 24, with the workshop occurring on March 4, 11, 18, 25 at 2 p.m. CT/1 p.m. or 7 p.m. CT/6 p.m. MT.
Participation in all four workshops is mandatory for the course.
Workshops will be held for one hour at 2 and 7 p.m. CST.
- Workshop 1
• Introduction to the Rural Online Initiative
• Cohort introductions
• Educational tool training (Slack, Canvas, and Zoom)
- Workshop 2
• Review content of Modules 1-3
• Discuss and apply content of Modules 1-3
- Workshop 3
• Review content of Modules 4-6
• Discuss and apply content of Modules 4-6
- Workshop 4
• Review content of Modules 7 - 9
• Discuss and apply content of Modules 7 - 9
• Overview of remaining phases of the ROI program
Online Learning Sessions
- Session #1
• Module 1: Work Day
• Module 2: Communication
• Module 3: Workflow
- Session #2
• Module 4:Productivity & Time Management
• Module 5: Teamwork
• Module 6: Compliance
- Session # 3
• Module 7: Critical Thinking
• Module 8: Virtual Careers
• Module 9: Remote Job Development
Please register using the form below by February 24, 2021 by 12 p.m. CST. For more information or questions, contact Joshua Hofer, SDSU Extension Community Vitality Specialist - Special Projects or Peggy Schlechter, SDSU Extension Community Vitality Specialist.
Through a scholarship with the Bush Foundation, 50 - $125.00 scholarships are available upon request. One scholarship per applicant organization. Requests for scholarships are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.