SDSU Extension would like to invite the public to the SDSU Beef Day 2021 on February 9, 2021 at 1 p.m. CST. The SDSU Beef Day is an opportunity to connect researchers and extension with ranchers and industry stakeholders to share knowledge and ideas.
- 1:00 p.m. CST – Opening remarks – Dr. Bill Gibbons, SDSU
- 1:10 – Market Outlook – Dr. Derrell Peel, Oklahoma State University - current market outlook
- 1:45 – Questions & Wrap-up
- 2:15 – Meeting stakeholder needs during a pandemic – Dr. Joe Cassady, SDSU
- 2:25 – 20-minute sessions
- Herd Management – Dr. Chris Chase, SDSU
- Feedlot – Dr. Zach Smith, SDSU
- Extension – Heidi Carroll, SDSU Extension
- Meat Science & Food Safety – Dr. Keith Underwood, SDSU
- 3:40 – Questions
- 4:00 – Adjourn
The virtual event is free and open to the public. Participants must pre-register to attend. Registrants will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings and access to view the recording for 30 days. Contact Heidi Carroll, SDSU Extension Livestock Stewardship Field Specialist & Beef Quality Assurance Coordinator for more information.