SDSU Extension will host a free private applicator training on April 6, 2023, from 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. CST (12:30 - 3:30 p.m. MT). Participants have the option to attend online or at one of the following locations:
- SDSU Extension Aberdeen Regional Center
13 Second Ave. SE, Aberdeen, SD 57401
- SDSU Extension Lemmon Regional Center
401 Sixth Ave. W, Lemmon, SD 57638
- Mitchell Technical Institute - Nordby Trades Lecture Hall
1800 E. Spruce St., Mitchell, SD 57301
- SDSU Extension Pierre Regional Center
412 W. Missouri Ave., Pierre, SD 57501
- SDSU West River Research and Extension
711 N. Creek Drive, Rapid City, SD 57703
- SDSU Extension Sioux Falls Regional Center
4101 W 38th St Ste 103, Sioux Falls, SD 57106
- SDSU Extension Watertown Regional Center
1910 W. Kemp Ave., Watertown, SD 57201
- SDSU Extension Winner Regional Center
325 S. Monroe St., Ste. 125, Winner, SD 57580
Attendees must be online/present for the full agenda in order to receive credit for attending. People attending in-person need to bring a government-issued photo ID and private applicator certification card if they have one.
- Before the meeting: in-person attendees should arrive 15 minutes early; online attendees join 5 minutes early to test speaker setup
- Session 1: 2022 Season and what we might expect in 2023 - Adam Varenhorst, Assistant Professor & SDSU Extension Field Crop Entomologist
- Session 2: Climate - Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension State Climatologist
- Session 3: Crop Disease Management: What you need to know - Connie Strunk, SDSU Extension Plant Pathology Field Specialist
- Session 4: Laws and Regulations - Valerie Mitchell, South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources
For questions about your license, contact the South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources (DANR).
Register online using the form below by April 6, 2023 at noon. In-person seating is limited. If you are participating online and planning to join from one location with multiple people, only one person needs to complete the registration form.
For questions about registration or the content of this program, contact Amanda Bachmann, SDSU Extension Pesticide Education and Urban Entomology Field Specialist.