SDSU Extension will be hosting ‘open house’ tours for the Crop Performance Testing Winter Wheat Trials at various locations throughout the state.
A sign and document box will be placed near the first plot at each testing location and the first replication of the trial will have observation stakes. Tour locations, along with GPS coordinates and directions are listed below.
- Brookings (44.363779°, -96.790612°) Directions: From Brookings go 2.5 miles north on Medary (Hwy 77). Plots are about 200 meters off the highway to the west on the Felt Family Research Farm.
- Hayes (44.373556°, -101.045861°) Directions: From Hayes, go 1 mile west on US Hwy 14. Plots are approximately 500 ft north of the highway along a field access road.
- Onida (44.715972°, -100.384500°) Directions: From Onida, go 15 miles west on 185th St. (Onida Rd). Plots are about ¾ miles north on 287th Ave on the east side of the road.
- Pierre (Dakota Lakes) (44.292833°, -99.994611°) Directions: Plots are located on the Dakota Lakes Research Farm, 17 miles SW of Pierre on SD Hwy 34, approximately ½ mile east of the buildings.
- Selby (45.495222°, -99.931306°) Directions: From Java, go 2 miles west on 130th St. and 1 mile south on 312th Ave. Plots are on the east side of the road.
- Wall (44.087778°, -102.328611°) Directions: From I-90 exit 107 go 4 ½ miles north on 188th Ave (Cedar Butte Rd), 2 miles west on 229th St., and ½ north on 186th Ave. Plots are on the west side of the road.
- Winner (43.499167, -99.866222°) Directions: From Winner, go 8.5 miles north on N. County Rd. and ¾ miles west on 269th St. Plots are located on the south side of the road.
Tour participants are invited to attend anytime. Please leave vehicles on the road and walk in to the plot locations.
Contact Jonathan Kleinjan, SDSU Extension Crop Production Associate for more information.