SDSU Extension will be hosting a 20-minute guided self-care activity and end with a short Q&A time, Fridays in October at 9:30 a.m. CDT.
- October 2 –Relaxation through Breathing - What better time to practice relaxation through breathing than "pumpkin spice" season? Join us to learn some simple breathing exercises you can use any time you need a quick break. Presenters: Amber Letcher, 4-H Youth Development Specialist and Nikki Prosch, Health & Physical Activity Field Specialist
- October 9 - Track Spending to Reduce Financial Stress - Do you find yourself wondering where your money has gone? Does the end of the money come before the end of the month? Either situation can leave you feeling stressed about your finances. This session will challenge you to track your spending, a financial management strategy to help you feel more in control of your money. Presenter: Lorna Saboe-Wounded Head, Family Resource Management Field Specialist
- October 16 - Meal Planning: Making a Weekly Plan & Freezer Meal Recipes - Want to learn how to save time when it comes to meal planning? Just us to learn the ins and outs of meal planning and leave with a great list of new recipes for meals! Presenters: Megan Erickson, Nutrition Field Specialist and SDSU Dietetic Intern
- October 23 – Healthy Kitchen Hacks - Learn ways to boost the flavor, budget-friendliness, sustainability, and nutrient-richness of your dishes. Presenters: Megan Jacobson, Nutrition Field Specialist and SDSU Dietetic Intern
- October 30 – Unwind Through Stretching - Finding yourself stiff and physically wore out at the end of the day? This session will showcase key stretches to relieve your aches, while providing a mental break from your daily tasks. Presenter: Hope Kleine, Health Education & Food Safety Field Specialist
Please register by October 29 in order to receive the information to join. All sessions will be offered through Zoom and there is no cost to participate!
If you are unable to join us live but would still like access to the recordings of the sessions, please complete the registration process and a link to the recording will be emailed following each session. New to Zoom? View the instructions about joining a meeting.