South Dakota State University (SDSU) Extension and the South Dakota Department of Health will be hosting their annual mosquito control meeting over Zoom on Oct. 20, from 1:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m CDT.
The Mosquito Control and West Nile Virus Conference is for anyone who works to manage mosquitoes in their communities. This year's meeting will be held online and feature presentations from SDSU specialists, South Dakota Department of Health and the South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
This meeting is also approved for category 9 and general recertification credit for South Dakota commercial pesticide applicators.
Wednesday, October 20, 1:30 PM CDT
- 1:30 p.m.- Welcome – Amanda Bachmann
- 1:35 p.m.-West Nile Virus in South Dakota – South Dakota Department of Health
- 2:05 p.m.-2021 Climate In Review and 2022 Outlook – Laura Edwards, State Climatologist
- 2:35 p.m.-Mosquitos and Insecticide Resistance –Adam Varenhorst, SDSU Extension Specialist – Field Crop Entomologist
- 3:20 p.m.-General (core) Recertification – Valerie Mitchell, South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- 4:05 p.m.-Evaluations and Sign Out –Amanda Bachmann
To register please follow the Evenbrite link below.
Registration ends Oct. 20 at noon.
For more information please contact Amanda Bachmann.