SDSU Extension will host a Managing Soil: Maximizing Profit Conference and the Southeast Research Farm Annual Meeting, on December 12, from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the Taopi Community Hall (102 E 3rd St, Colton, SD 57018).
- 8:15 a.m. - Registration Opens
- 9:00 a.m. - Can we manage dectes stem borer and soybean gall midge in soybean? Adam Varenhorst, Associate Professor & SDSU Extension Field Crop Entomologist
- 9:50 a.m. - Overview of Crop Production Ecosystem: Peter Sexton, Associate Professor and SDSU Extension Alternative Ag Systems Specialist
- 10:20 a.m. - Digging Deep with Plant Disease: Connie Strunk, SDSU Extension Plant Pathology Field Specialist and Madalyn Shires, Assistant Professor & SDSU Extension Plant Pathology Specialist
- 10:50 a.m. - Break
- 11:00 a.m. - Open Agronomy and Soil Health Discussion: Dr. Lee Briese
- 12:00 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - Dr. Paul Jasa
- 2:00 p.m. - Crop Interseeding Panel Discussion: Local Producers
- 2:50 p.m. - Break
- 3:00 p.m. - Southeast Research Farm Business Meeting
- 3:30 p.m. - Adjourn
Participants have the option to attend this event in-person or online. Registration is preferred by November 29 using the form below. Educational credits (CEU’s) will be available for Certified Crop Advisers.