Nebraska Extension and South Dakota State University (SDSU) Extension will host their 2022 Forage Field Day at the University of Nebraska Haskell Ag Lab (57905 866 Road, Concord, NE 68728) on Aug. 4 from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CDT.
The Forage Field Day is designed to provide a hands-on and classroom learning and networking experience for forage growers in South Dakota, Nebraska and the surrounding areas. The program focuses on many hot topics within the industry and features speakers from both academia and production.
- 10 a.m. CDT - Cover Crops/Alternative Forages (With Field Demonstration); Pete Sexton, Brad Rops, SDSU Southeast Research Farm
- 11 a.m. - Nitrogen and Forages- Saving Fertilizer Costs; Anthony Bly, SDSU Extension
- Noon- Lunch
- 1 p.m. - Full Season Grazing; Doug Steffen, Producer, Crofton, NE
- 1:30 p.m. - Raising Crops for Grain vs. Silage; Boadwine Farms, Baltic, SD
- 2:20 p.m. - Break
- 2:30 p.m. - A Silage Harvest Management Overview - From Top to Bottom (With Silage Covering Demonstration); Becky Arnold, Lallemand Animal Nutrition
- 3:40 p.m. - Speaker Panel Discussion
- 4:15 p.m. – Wrap-up and Survey
- 4:30 p.m. - Optional Research Farm Tour
Follow the link below to register online by July 29, 2022. The registration fee is $30. CCA credits are available. For more information, contact Ben Beckman at 402-254-6821 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kiernan Brandt at Kiernan.email@example.com or 605-882-5140.