SDSU Extension will host a Better Choices, Better Health Diabetes Workshop from April 13 - May 18 at 1 PM CST at the Avera St. Benedict Health Center (401 W. Glynn Drive, Parkston, SD 57366).
Better Choices, Better Health© SD Diabetes Workshops (DSMP) are designed to help adults living with type 2 diabetes and/or prediabetes and caregivers manage or prevent diabetes.
What You’ll Learn
This workshop will teach you new ways to manage your condition and will give you plenty of support to keep you motivated! Plus:
- Goal setting & problem solving
- Managing difficult emotions
- Understanding medications
- Communicating with doctors & caregivers
- Monitoring diabetes & blood sugar
- Preventing complications
- Nutrition and physical activity planning & ideas
What You’ll Get
Workshops are held once a week for 6 weeks. Each 2½ hour session is led by trained leaders who have chronic conditions themselves. Expect:
- Better overall health
- More energy & less fatigue
- More active lifestyle
- Increased confidence in managing diabetes
- FREE book, relaxation CD & certificate of completion to share with your doctor!
Register online using the form below by April 27. For more information, contact Lori Oster, SDSU Extension Better Choices, Better Health SD Program Coordinator.