SDSU Extension will host a Better Choices, Better Health Chronic Pain Self-Management Workshop on October 11 at 9 AM CST at Our Savior's Lutheran Church (909 W. 33rd St., Sioux Falls, SD 57105).
Better Choices, Better Health© SD Chronic Pain Workshops (CPSMP) are designed to help adults living with chronic pain and caregivers manage physical and mental health wellness.
What You’ll Learn
This workshop will teach you new ways to manage your chronic pain and ideas to help keep you motivated! Plus:
- Goal setting & problem solving
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, & endurance
- Managing difficult emotions, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating with providers & family
- Relaxation techniques; pacing activity & rest
What You’ll Get
Workshops are held once a week for 6 weeks. Each 2½ hour session is led by trained leaders who have chronic conditions themselves. Expect:
- Better overall health
- More energy & less fatigue
- More active lifestyle
- Less dependence on others & improved quality of life
- Increased confidence in managing your pain
- FREE book, relaxation CD & certificate of completion to share with your doctor!
Register online using the form below by October 18, 2019. For more information, contact Lori Oster, SDSU Extension Better Choices, Better Health SD Program Coordinator.