SDSU Extension will host a Better Choices, Better Health Chronic Disease Workshop on November 11 at 1 PM CDT at the Avera St. Benedict Health Center (401 W Glynn Dr.,
Parkston, South Dakota 57366).
Better Choices, Better Health© SD Chronic Disease Workshops (CDSMP) are designed to help adults living with chronic conditions and caregivers manage physical and mental health wellness.
What You’ll Learn
This workshop will teach you new ways to manage your condition & will give you ideas to help keep you motivated! Plus:
- Goal setting & problem solving
- Managing difficult emotions
- Understanding medications
- Communicating with providers and family
- Making informed treatment decisions
- Relaxation techniques
- Nutrition and physical activity planning & ideas
What You’ll Get
Workshops are held once a week for 6 weeks. Each 2½ hour session is led by trained leaders who have chronic conditions themselves. Expect:
- Better overall health
- More energy & less fatigue
- More active lifestyle
- Increased confidence and support from others
- FREE book, relaxation CD & certificate of completion to share with your doctor!
Register online using the form below by November 11, 2019. For more information, contact Lori Oster, SDSU Extension Better Choices, Better Health SD Program Coordinator.