SDSU Extension will be hosting a family caregivers webinar on February 11, 2021 at 12 p.m. CDT.
This webinar will increase participant knowledge about respite care and provide information about how to access respite care in North Dakota and South Dakota. Additional resources for family caregivers will also be highlighted.
- Brandon Boe is a Program Specialist for the Division of Long-Term Services and Supports (Department of Human Services) in South Dakota. Within the division, Brandon oversees the Family Caregiver Program and manages their Lifespan Respite Grant. As part of the Lifespan Respite Grant, Brandon also leads the South Dakota Respite Coalition.
- Mary Weltz is a Program Administrator for the Department of Human Services—Aging Services Division. Mary administers the Family Caregiver Support Program and the Lifespan Respite Care Grant, along with several other programs that support caregivers and older adults across North Dakota.
- Describe respite care
- Increase knowledge about respite care options
- Increase knowledge about accessing respite care in North Dakota and South Dakota
- Increase knowledge about additional resources for family caregivers
This webinar is free and open to the public. Please register below before February 10, in order to receive in the information to join. Contact Leacey Brown, SDSU Extension Gerontology Field Specialist for more information.