Registration is now open for South Dakota 4-H's Career Conversations: Exploring My Future in the 605, an online course about various career fields.
Topics include teaching participants to:
- Research and interpret career information
- Compare and contrast characteristics of various careers
- Investigate education/training requirements for employment in various industries
- Formulate criteria for choosing a career, including but not limited to: wages & benefits, values & lifestyle preferences, required education, working conditions, working environment
- Investigate and make connections relevant to areas of interest
- Identify personal qualities, aptitudes, skills, and values (personal and work)
- Identify and demonstrate positive work qualities
- Analyze appropriate self-management skills as related to specific work environments
- Identify employment opportunities
- Research employers’ rights and responsibilities
- Understand employee rights and responsibilities
- Display behaviors needed to maintain employment
Additional standards related to each career covered in the course can be found on the South Dakota Department of Education Career Clusters page.