SDSU Extension, South Dakota Grassland Coalition, and the NRCS will be hosting a workshop on Feb 19 at the AmericInn (1981 E King St, Chamberlain, SD 57325).
The format for the workshops will be short presentations on key topics by ranchers followed by open discussion and question/answer sessions with the audience. The Coalition encourages spouses, business partners, family members, and lenders to attend these workshops together.
Panelists include Larry Wagner, Chamberlain, SD; Keith Ryer, Chamberlain, SD; Charlie Totten, Chamberlain, SD; and Riley Kammerer, Piedmont, SD. Coffee and lunch will be served.
- 9 AM CST: Registration
- 10 - 10:10: Kickoff - Pete Bauman, SDSU Extension Range Field Specialist, Judge Jessop
- 10:10 - 11:30: When to calve / weather concerns - Jim Faulstich, Highmore, SD
- 11:30 - 12:30 PM CST: Managing the cow - Pat Guptill, Quinn, SD
- 12:30 - 1: Lunch
- 1 - 1:45: Ranch resource allocation - Dan Rasmussen, Belvidere, SD
- 1:45 - 2:30: Marketing - Brett Nix, Murdo, SD
- 2:30 - 3 PM CST: Managing people/Schedule conflicts - Lyle Perman, Lowry, SD
RSVP to Pete Bauman by email or at 605.882.5140; Jan Rounds by email or at 605.882.5140; or Judge Jessop by email or at 605.280.0127. Workshops are free to SD Grassland Coalition members and $30 for non-members (which includes an annual membership and lunch at the event).
RSVPs for these workshops is requested for lunch planning if possible, but not mandatory. The Coalition understands that winter is a difficult time to plan, so walk ins are welcome.