SDSU Extension will host a winter agronomy meeting on February 9, 2022 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. CST at the Highland Conference Center (2000 Highland Way, Mitchell, SD 57301). This in-person agronomy clinic will provide content that is customized to producers and agribusiness professionals of Mitchell and the surrounding area. Continuing education units (CEUs) are available for certified crop advisors.
- 10 a.m. – Welcome and SDSU Extension Updates
- 10:15 a.m. – Soybean Management: Keep it Simple, Jonathan Kleinjan, SDSU Extension Agronomist
- 11 a.m. – What's Behind a Fertilizer Rate? Dealing with High Prices, Anthony Bly, SDSU Extension Soils Field Specialist and Jason Clark, Assistant Professor & SDSU Extension Soil Fertility Specialis
- 11:30 a.m. – Insect Pest Update: What were the 2021 issues and what to expect in 2022, Phil Rozeboom, SDSU Extension IPM Coordinator
- Noon – Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. – Weed Control for 2022, Paul Johnson, SDSU Extension Weed Science Coordinator
- 1:30 p.m. – Profits? Realigning for Success, Jack Davis, SDSU Extension Crops Business Management Field Specialist
- 2 p.m. – Evaluation Survey and Closing
Registration by February 2, 2022 is appreciated and can be completed using the form below or register via phone by calling 605-995-7378. The cost to attend is $15 per person. For more information, contact Sara Bauder, SDSU Extension Agronomy Field Specialist, or David Kringen, SDSU Extension Water Resources Field Specialist.