SDSU Extension will host a 4-H Shooting Sports Coaches Training for the shotgun discipline on Saturday, August 20 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MT at the Center of the Nation Sportsmans Club (10606 3V Road, Belle Fourche, SD 57717).
The day-long training course will cover the core requirements needed to become a certified 4-H Shooting Sports instructor, including youth development training (only needed once), discipline training and becoming a registered volunteer with the South Dakota 4-H Program.
All training participants will be required to bring their own eye and ear protection, their own shotgun, and a box of shotgun shells.
For a complete schedule of training activities, view the agenda below.
- 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. (MT) - Registration
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Discipline Training
- 12:00 -12:30 p.m. - Lunch (Provided)
- 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. - Discipline Training (Continued)
- 2:00 - 4:30 p.m. - Youth Development Training