South Dakota State University (SDSU) Extension will be offering a Virtual Integrated Pest Management course Aug. 1 - 31, 2021. The course is broken into modules that will cover a variety of topics.
- Management of weeds, diseases and insects
- Utilization of cover crops
- Planting practices - alternative options available to growers
- How to enhance a production system
- Pesticide resistance
- Importance of preventing the development of resistant pest populations
At the end of this course participants will have an increased understanding of pest management that is not focused solely on the use of pesticides.
To partake in the Virtual IPM Field School, please follow this link. If you do not have a Training House account, please create a free one by clicking "Create new account" at the bottom of the webpage. Once you are logged into Training House, enter "ipm" into the "Search courses" bar. The IPM Field School will appear. Click the course title and you will be able to enroll yourself by clicking "Enroll me." You may now participate in the Field School at any time throughout the month of August.