To celebrate the fifth anniversary of the South Dakota State University (SDSU) Swine Education and Research Facility, SDSU Extension will host the 2021 annual Swine Day on Nov. 2 at 9 a.m. CDT at McCrory Gardens (631 22nd Ave., Brookings, SD 57006).
The event begins at 9 a.m. CDT with a poster session highlighting graduate research projects from the past year. Attendees are invited to enjoy a continental breakfast and visit with graduate students about their projects. The formal program will follow at 10 a.m.
- 9 a.m. — Continental breakfast and poster session with graduate students
- 10 a.m.— Welcome, Dr. Joe Cassady, Professor and Head of the Department of Animal Science at SDSU
- 10:15 a.m.— Keynote, Dr. Steve Meyer, Partners for Production Agriculture
- 11:30 a.m.— African Swine Fever (ASF) surveillance and diagnostic updates from Dr. Jane Christopher-Hennings, Department Head, South Dakota Animal Disease Research and Diagnostic Laboratory (ADRDL)
- Noon— Lunch
- 1 p.m. — SDSU Swine Faculty and Graduate Student Research Program Highlights
- 2:55 p.m. — Discussion and Closing
This event is open to the public, and lunch will be served, so please indicate any food allergies.
For any questions you may have regarding the event, please contact Ryan Samuel.