The National 4-H Shooting Sports Championships will be held on June 20 - 25, 2021.
South Dakota is planning to send a Hunting Team made up of 4 youth to next summer’s event, if held.
- We plan to select 8 youth (based on reference letter, past national participation and events involved in) to invite to participate in team preparation.
- Four selected for the team based on participation and scores in the qualifying event. Participation in practice sessions if/when scheduled required.
- Cost share for participation on the trip as part of the National Team to families will be approximately $700.
- Skills and knowledge based contest including animal identification (wings, fur, and habitat), orienteering, and hunting knowledge (based on the NRA Hunting guide), as well as shooting ability.
- 2019 hunting contest included 3D (Archery), Sporting Clays (Shotgun), and Paper Animal Targets (Rifle). A basic comfort level with all three disciplines would be helpful, but is not required.
This application will serve to show your interest in selection to the team.
Please include a reference letter from one of your shooting sports coaches with this application.
Applications are Due February 25, 2021 and can be sent to:
State 4-H Office
Attn: John Keimig
Berg Agricultural Hall 128 Box 2207E, SDSU
Brookings, SD 57007.