SDSU Extension will host a Crops Clinic and Private Applicator Training event on Feb 18 at 8 AM CST at the McKnight Event Center (228 W. Main St., White, SD).
- 8:00 AM CST: Registration at the Gate & Visit Booth
- 8:30: Cereal Rye Cover Crop in Corn- Soybean Rotation - David Karki, SDSU Extension Agronomy Field Specialist
- 9:00: Cover Crops & Soil Health - Eric Barsness, Agronomist, USDA-NRCS, SD
- 9:50: BREAK
- 10:15: Climate Outlook 2020 - Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension State Climatologist
- 11:00: Compaction Reaction - Anthony Bly, SDSU Extension Soils Field Specialist
- 11:45: Lunch (included with registration)
- 12:45 PM CST: Registration for Private Applicator Training. Photo ID required, Please bring your old applicator license as well.
- 1:30: What to Expect in 2020 after 2019? - Paul Johnson, SDSU Extension Weed Science Coordinator
- 2:15: Management of the Major Insect Pests in SD, Adam Varenhorst, SDSU Extension FIeld Crop Entomologist & Assistant Professor
- 3:00: Private Applicator Training - What you need to know in SD, David Karki, SDSU Extension
Registration is $10 at the gate. Please bring a photo ID and current or old pesticide applicator license number to register for the afternoon PAT sessions for re/certification. For more information, please contact David Karki, SDSU Extension Agronomy Field Specialist at the SDSU Extension Watertown Regional Center at 605.882.5140.