SDSU Extension will host a conference about rural communities held in a rural community starting on April 30 at 12:00 PM MDT in the Lemmon community.
"Connecting the Disconnected" by Brent Comstock, Founder and CEO of BCom Solutions. Brent will share a message of tactical inspiration focused on building sustainable models of growth for rural America. Brent is a 23 year old Nebraska native (don’t hold that against him), an entrepreneur, speaker, and venture capitalist.
He started BCom Solutions while still in high school when he envisioned building a grassroots movement that would bring impactful digital results to rural communities, digital campaigns, and underserved causes. BCom’s success has served as a catalyst for the development of the Rural Impact Hub, a place for rural community organizations to partner together and collaborate on ways to support and strengthen rural America. In December 2018, Brent was presented with the first-ever Economic Development Rural Spirit Award that recognizes an individual who plays an integral part in creating jobs and spurring economic development within their local rural community.
Community and Business Success Stories
- MONEY: Funding for Community Projects
- PEOPLE: Attracting and Retaining Residents
- BUSINESS: Supporting Community Businesses
- YOUNG ADULTS: Engaging the Next Generation
- AND MORE! Many sessions to choose from, an evening of entertainment, lots of great food, information from resource providers and plenty of time for networking and exploring Lemmon
“Voices of the Next Generation” Entrepreneur Panel
Engage with young entrepreneurs currently operating successful businesses in South Dakota. Learn how you can support and encourage young entrepreneurs in your community.
The conference begins with a light lunch and registration (noon – 1pm) on Tuesday, April 30, and concludes early Wednesday afternoon with lunch in Lemmon before you head home energized to lead your community to success!
More information and a complete schedule of sessions, and activities will be coming!
If you are looking for a place to stay while you are attending the conference, here are some lodging options.
Dakota Lodge/Prairie Motel, 5 10th St E, Lemmon, SD 605.374.7815
*Conference room block available the dates of April 29, 30 and May 1 while vacancies last. (Tell them you are attending the Energize! conference when you make your reservation for the conference rate.)
Lemmon Country Inn, 19405 US Hwy 12, Lemmon, SD 605.374.3711
*Conference room block available while vacancies last. (Tell them you are attending the Energize! conference when you make your reservation for the conference rate.)
Hodgson Hunter House, 907 1st Ave W, Lemmon, SD 605.431.4854
Facebook @ hodgsonhouse (3-bedroom house, 1.5 bath, 1 queen bed, 4 full beds, 1 twin bed)
Jane Peterson, Lemmon, SD 605.430.7512 (5 beds & 1 bathroom)
Cindy Dix, 709 2nd Ave E, Lemmon, SD 605.524.3292 (Sleeps 10 individuals: 4-bedroom (2 queen, 2 double, 2 twin), 2-bathroom)
Pat Dalzell, 500 6th Ave W, Lemmon, SD 605.490.9132 (3-bedroom, 1-bathroom house (1 queen, 2 single, 3 single bunk beds)
Tip Top Motel, 508 3rd Ave S, Hettinger, ND 701.567.2437. Approximately 25 miles from Lemmon
Thank you to our sponsors who support innovative rural communities and help make this conference possible.
Register online using the form below by April 15. Contact Kenneth Sherin, SDSU Extension Community Vitality Program Director for more information.
- Early Registration for $75 ends Monday, April 1. Regular registration is $90 from April 2 - 15. Registration closes April 15 or when conference is full. A limited number of tickets are available. No refunds for already processed registrations will be given after April 15.
- Are you under age 21? Register for a special rate of $40 by entering the promo code YOUTH for access to the youth ticket and enter your birthdate in the questions area.